ON SALE AROUND MID AUGUST 2017! Please wait for announcement.
PRICE: $49 (approx 41€, £37)
This is a 5W, single-band, high performance CW transceiver kit. The kit was originally designed for the RSGB Youths On The Air summer camp buildathon in August 2017. Please see http://rsgb.org/main/about-us/yota-2017/watch-our-vlogs/ .
RSGB YOTA Vlog video:
The list of features are below.
- Easy to build, single-board design, 10 x 8cm, all are controls board-mounted
- Professional quality double-sided, through-hole plated, silk-screen printed PCB
- Choice of single band, 80, 40, 30, 20 or 17m
- Approximately 3-5W CW output (depending on supply voltage)
- 7-15V supply voltage
- Class E power amplifier, transistors run cool… even with no heatsinks
- 7-element Low Pass Filter to ensure regulatory compliance
- CW envelope shaping to remove key clicks
- High performance receiver with at least 50dB of unwanted sideband cancellation
- 200Hz CW filter with no ringing
- Si5351A Synthesized VFO with rotary encoder tuning
- 16 x 2 blue backlight LCD screen
- Iambic keyer or straight key option included in the firmware
- Simple Digital Signal Processing for a CW decoder, displayed real-time on-screen
- On-screen S-meter
- Full or semi QSK operation using fast solid-state transmit/receive switching
- Frequency presets, VFO A/B Split operation, RIT, configurable CW Offset
- Configurable sidetone frequency and volume
- Connectors: Power, 3.5mm keyer jack, 3.5mm stereo earphone jack, BNC RF output
- Onboard microswitch can be used as a simple straight Morse key
- Built-in test signal generator and alignment tools to complete simple set-up adjustments
- Built-in test equipment: voltmeter, RF power meter, frequency counter, signal generator
- Beacon mode, supporting automatic CW or WSPR operation
- GPS interface for reference frequency calibration and time-keeping (for WSPR beacon)
DRAFT assembly and operating instructions
DRAFT assembly instructions CLICK HERE (7.5 MBytes PDF file). This document is NOT final! It is targeted initially only for the 17m YOTA buildathon constructors. The final document will include specification of components for other bands (where the component value is band-dependent in the kit). There are a few changes to the firmware that affect the operating instructions, including addition of CW keyer "weight" configuration. There will also be measurements of Rx and Tx current, and a chart of power output against supply voltage (by band).
These photographs show the prototype kit, both with and without the LCD module plugged in. The powered-up kit shows the radio's Frequency Counter feature measuring the frequency generated by its Signal Generator feature.