QDX: a feature-packed, high performance, four-band (80, 40, 30, 20m) 5W Digi-modes transceiver kit, including embedded SDR, 24-bit 48 ksps USB sound card, CAT control, synthesized VFO with TCXO reference.
The "QDX" (QRP Labs Digital Xcvr): a feature-packed, high performance, four-band (80, 40, 30, 20m) 5W Digi-modes transceiver kit, including embedded SDR receiver, 24-bit 48 ksps USB sound card, CAT control, synthesized VFO with TCXO reference. QDX transmits a SINGLE SIGNAL, it is not an SSB modulator with associated unwanted sideband and residual carrier, or intermodulation due to amplifier non-linearity. QDX outputs a pure single signal.
The Optional enclosure is black anodized extruded aluminium, very sturdy and elegant. The enclosure size is 89 x 63 x 25mm without protrusions. The front and rear panels are drilled and cut to match the QDX PCB with laser-etched lettering. The enclosure includes four self-adhesive feet.
List of features:
- Four bands 80, 40, 30 and 20m
- 5W output at 9V supply (can be built for 4-5W at 12-13V supply)
- Single signal transmission (zero unwanted sideband, zero residual carrier, zero intermodulation distortion)
- Solid-state band switching and transmit/receive switching under CAT control
- High performance embedded SDR SSB receiver with 60-70dB of unwanted sideband cancellation
- Built-in 24-bit 48ksps USB sound card
- Built-in USB Virtual COM Serial port for CAT control
- Si5351A Synthesized VFO with 25MHz TCXO as standard
- Easy to build single-board design, Professional quality double-sided, through-hole plated, silk-screen printed PCBs
- All SMD components factory assembled
- Connectors: 2.1mm power barrel connector, USB B (for audio and CAT control), BNC RF input/output
- Built-in test signal generator and testing tools
- Receive current 100mA, Transmit current 1.0-1.1A for 5W output with 9V supply (around 0.7A for 5W with 13V supply).
- QFU firmware update for lifetime free firmware udpates, easy installation on any PC without drivers, software or hardware e.g. programmer
- Optional aluminium extruded cut/drilled/laser-etched black anodized enclosure
Here's a YouTube video about QDX: https://youtu.be/j6Vnh8eiEpg
The manual includes assembly instructions, operating instructions, design details, performance details
DRAFT manual (document version 1.00 published 09-Oct-2021)
NOTE: This is a DRAFT manual and may be subject to minor changes.
QDX in its beautiful black-anodized extruded aluminium enclosure, CNC machined to suit the QDX and with durable laser-etched lettering:
These are screenshots of the built-in terminal applications, that may be used for testing, investigating, learning and configuration - but are not needed for operation of the transceiver.
Selected performance measurements - see manual for full details...
WSJT-X operating screenshots